First off, thank you so much for your interest in being a surrogate. As (the co-owners of this agency and) parents via surrogacy, our lives and families wouldn’t be complete without women like you.
While Gestational Surrogates are not biologically related to the baby they carry, they do play the most critical role in the process—carrying and delivering the baby created through eggs donated by the mother or an egg donor and sperm from a sperm donor or the father.
Beyond fulfilling an Intended Parents’ dream of a family, you are giving someone a future. But what you can provide for yourself and your own family is equally important. You and your family will see the amazing contribution you have made to others while at the same time receiving a generous compensation package that can change the future for you and your loved ones.
You undoubtedly have many questions about the surrogacy process, and that’s a good thing! Although surrogacy is simple in theory — a woman carries a baby for someone else who can’t — in reality it is a complex process with many interconnected elements. Our website gives you an overview but if you want to know more, or if you have special concerns, please do not hesitate to call or email. Questions are welcome and we will always be honest and straightforward with you.
The first step is to see if you’re qualified. We work only with women who fulfill these criteria:
- Between 21 and 42 years old
- Non-smoker, non-drug user who maintains a healthy lifestyle
- Willing to abstain from drinking any alcohol during a pregnancy
- Maintains a healthy lifestyle
- MUST have successfully carried at least one child of your own to term
- In a stable living situation
- If married, have a spouse who’s supportive of your decision to become a Gestational Surrogate
- If single, have a support system in place whether it is a friend or relative
- Have a healthy weight/height ratio (Ask if you’re afraid you may be too large. Many Gestational Surrogates are far from thin)
- Not on government assistance
- Willing to give up or lower caffeine intake for the duration of the pregnancy as prescribed by your OB
- Like being pregnant and have the desire to give the miracle of life
Although there are many generous women want to become Surrogates, we are currently only able to work with those who live in states that unambiguously recognize the validity of and uphold the intent of the surrogacy contract. The laws in some states are less clear, so please email us and ask if you are unsure about the state you live in. Unfortunately, at this time we cannot currently consider Surrogates who reside in Louisiana, Michigan, Nebraska, New York and Wyoming.
Additionally, please think carefully about your ability and willingness to be pregnant and to commit a minimum of a year of your life to helping your Intended Parents have a baby. Although the surrogacy process is immensely rewarding, it is also an intense, challenging and emotional journey; not just for you but for your family as well.
Please click on the following link and fill out the short questionnaire to determine if you’d make a good Gestational Surrogate candidate. We’ll get back to you promptly with our response! (link to questionnaire)